NO Excuses, NO Regrets

Photo by Ryan McGuire
Add caption
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. John 10:10 (NIV)

Hey there, everyone. This morning at church our pastor spoke about how to keep from having regrets or making excuses when it comes to the Great Commission. I have had myriad excuses for why I haven't broached the subject.  All of my excuses are inadequate.When He speaks to me on the day of judgement, I would hate for Jesus to ask why I hadn't told people about what He has done for me. I would feel ashamed that I had declared  'I love Him,' but I hadn't backed up my words with action. Our excuses keep others from accessing the forgiveness that He holds out to all of us. Our excuses result in sin and in regrets. Do you like having regrets?

Jesus said that If we love Him, then we would follow His commands. Our job is to tell others that He has redeemed us so that they will see that He has made a way to the throne-room for them as well. This is basic to Christian best practices. Remember, make every moment count or, 'Redeem the time.' as the bible says. (Ep. 5:16, Col. 4:5) Don't allow the spirit of fear to sway you. You have authority over the evil one and power over all the power of the enemy. (Luke 10:19) Rebuke fear and do your job.
Be brave, show more love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Father's Heart

Church Splits: Could they be the judgment of God?