The Father's Heart



I saw a video short on YouTube today about a man who asked another man if he would help him cross the street. The second man asked him 'why do you need help across the street?' The first man said because he had a leg injury. So the second man helped him cross the street. Then the first man said thank you very much and started jumping around. The second man said, 'why are you jumping around when you said you had a leg injury and it hurt?' The first man said, 'I have to tell you the truth, I don't have a leg injury. I decided that the first person who would help me across the street, would receive $500.' The second man was overcome by this information because he was a homeless, destitute man who needed to get home and couldn't afford the trip. He then received his $500.

When I saw that, I began to weep and I asked God why am I weeping? Why is it that every time I see something like this, I weep uncontrollably? And it came to me that it is God's heart I was responding to. It is God's heart that we love others so much that we go out of our way to love them sacrificially. It doesn't mean that we have to give them $500. It means that when we see a need, we don't look on the outward appearance of the needy. It means we commit ourselves to helping those in need no matter what they look like, or what their circumstances are. We trust God and say 'what can I do?' And also trust in His ability to protect us from those whom we fear. People who don't look like us are scary.
He will give us the answers, and if we commit ourselves to helping others he will always be right there with us.
So if you have the same reaction to a show of love for someone, it is God's heart that you are responding to. He's letting you know how He feels about it and how he wants you to feel about it.

Be Brave, be like Jesus: Love More.

Comments

Post a Comment

What's your opinion? Let me know what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Church Splits: Could they be the judgment of God?

NO Excuses, NO Regrets